MSI A88XM E45 AMD Socket FM2 Motherboard
This affordable Socket FM2 motherboard supports AMD APUs with powerful integrated graphics for entry-level 3D gaming performance.
All AMD APU systems typically are towards the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to CPU performance, but towards the upper end of the spectrum when it comes to integrated 3D performance. This is due to the unique architecture of the CPUs “module” design. These APUs are basically act like dual core processors, although they show up as four logical processors in Windows, however, it’s Radeon stream processors are derived from its desktop counterparts, and you can add a low-end Radeon R7 GPU to assist the integrated GPU with 3D processing. It’s not recommended to “upgrade” to one of these processors, they make great entry-level builds for low-end gaming or HTPCs. One advantage to this platform, however, is the relatively low power supply requirements. Builds like these without a discrete graphics card really only require a basic 300-350W PSU.
Below are the specs for this motherboard.
- Socket FM2+, Supports AMD Socket FM2+ / FM2 A-Series/Athlon Processors
- Chipset: AMD A88X
- Memory: 4x DDR3-2133/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 64GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot (run at x4), 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot, 1x PCI Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports CrossFireX Technology
- SATA: 8x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Ports: 6x USB 3.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 via header), 6x USB 2.0 Ports (2 rear, 4 via headers), 1x PS/2 Keyboard Port, 1x PS/2 Mouse Port, 1x VGA Port, 1x DVI-D Port, 1x HDMI Port, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks